Among the most important goals of this center are the following:
• Conduct precise research on the supply and access to optimum wood and non-wood raw materials.
• Developing new skills in designing and inventing creations related to the furniture industry.
• Developing new workhouse management methods, tailored to the furniture industry.
• Establish an effective relationship with the domestic and international furniture and wood carving industry centers and create the appropriate context for concluding research and executive contracts in the specialized areas of furniture and carving.
• Develop computer-based techniques in furniture design.
• Create sustainable employment and income in the furniture industry.
• Providing educational, research, workshop and laboratory services, and short-term workshops/ advanced courses based on the need of stakeholder.